Do you need an internship to fulfill your college degree requirements? Do you want an opportunity to grow and gain valuable experience in a unique and fun internship environment? What if you could do this while making a significant impact on our community, and the future generation of youth? If this sounds ideal to you… then join us at Barefoot Republic!
We have many opportunities to suit a variety of career paths, talents, and interests, both during camp season and during the year.
Audio Engineering/Music Production
- During camp — Loading in and assisting all praise bands with their needs; mixing/running sound for our praise & worship and other large group gatherings
- During camp – assist or lead the teaching of our “Music production” and “making of the band” classes in our fully equipped studio
- Oversee and maintain our recording studio, ensuring gear is cared for, up to date, functioning, etc.
- Assist other creative arts interns/ volunteers in the creation of camp videos, songs, compilation albums, etc. as needed
- Managing, recruiting and/or training volunteers
- Developing a staff training manual
- Researching, writing and/or submitting grants
- Generating a revenue model and growth strategy for a corporate retreat center
- Producing renderings, floor plans and/or cost estimates on future buildings and other facets of our development
- Developing a marketing plan with an emphasis on reaching middle to upper income demographics
- Developing a fundraising plan and event based upon an analysis of current community trends and competition
- Developing a strategic business plan permitting others to replicate our camp model on an international level
- Analyzing our camp’s economic impact on a rural community
- Producing a cost analysis and comparison between summer camping programs across the U.S.
Mass Communication and Creative/Visual Arts
- During camp- daily creation of slideshows, videos, etc.
- During camp – Capture and document “stories”, post video and web blogs, update camp web site, facebook, etc. as camp progresses
- Producing, editing and/or directing a camp promotional video
- Designing, enhancing, and maintaining two Barefoot websites
- Aid in the creation and/or updating of camp promotional materials such as flyers, posters, t-shirts, mini-magazines, and more.
- During camp – athletic trainers needed to assist medical staff
- During camp – nurses needed
- During camp – lifeguard
- During camp – serve as counselors/leaders throughout the summer and minister directly in the lives of youth
- Aid in development of a bible study curriculum for summer camp focusing on the chosen biblical theme, while incorporating themes of racial and socioeconomic reconciliation
- Potential opportunities for large group speaking/teaching to the youth
- Aid in the planning/vision for a post-camp discipleship plan for campers (in partnership with local churches)
- Researching the racial and socioeconomic demographics in the U.S. and relating this to the need for our program
- Focus research on the impact of camp on the campers, community, etc
- Aid in development curriculum for post-camp study focusing upon building Christ-like relationships between youth from different cultural, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Helping to tailor the camp experience/activities to more effectively break down barriers of race and class
- Researching why non-profits are attracted to Nashville
Our staff is more than willing to help cater a project to your specific interests. Please contact our office at 615-599-9683 for additional details.
If you are interested in serving as an intern, please fill out our volunteer application. You can download the application here! Please send your completed application to Tommy (email@example.com) and Jeff (firstname.lastname@example.org).